While visiting concerts many people take their pets with them which is not right. If you are one of them and act similarly for pampering your dog then you should read this write-up until the end to know why it is not wise to bring a dog to concerts.
According to experts, it is harmful to dogs to bring them to concerts due to various reasons, like:
UNCOMFORTABLE WITH LOUD SOUNDS
The intensity and loudness of the sound at the concerts usually remain at 120 decibels which can be harmful even for humans. Dogs are more sensitive to sound as compared to humans. Humans can be uncomfortable with sounds louder than 85 decibels.
DISTURBANCE DUE TO VIBRATIONAL BOOM
The boom and vibrations from the huge crowd and the speakers can disturb your dog even if he is deaf. Even humans can feel the vibrational boom in their body after staying for a short time to watch the concert from near the stage. After some time one has to go away from the stage to feel comfortable.
AFFECT HEARING CAPABILITY OF THE DOG
Even many musicians who were playing music for a long time have lost their hearing capability. You can easily imagine what will happen to the hearing capability of your dog when you will bring him to a concert. He has to deal not only with a huge crowd but also louder sounds which can affect their hearing ability as well as give the stress.
HARMFUL FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Bringing dogs to the concerts can also be harmful to the entire environment as they usually tend to poop and pee whenever they have to do it.
When you bring your dog o a concert then it can be a disturbing situation for others. Some people do not feel free and enjoy during concerts when some animal is around them. It can be due to their concern about their safety, liability, noise, and cleanliness.
So, if for pampering your dog you want to bring him to concerts then you should take some careful steps to make it less harmful for them.
- You should put earphones on the ears of your dog to protect them from louder sounds like many parents use earphones on the ears of their babies and younger children while going to the places with louder sounds like concerts etc.
- You should avoid taking your dog to the concerts even if they are free.
- The organizers of the concerts should not allow bringing any kind of animals to the venue.
- Rule and regulations regarding bringing animals to outdoor events like free concerts should be applied more strictly.
- Even parents should not be allowed to bring their young children and babies to concerts and other similar events as children are also as sensitive to loud sounds as dogs are.
Thus, it is not good to bring your dog to the concerts as it can be harmful to them as well as discomforting for others. Instead of pampering your dog at a concert, you should treat him at your home as you cannot keep him in your car while enjoying the concert.
Kyle Walker is a music lover and a concert coordinator. He has been living in Austin for ten years now.